Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grandma Bam Bam Week

Making bird feeders with Grandma

With all the craziness of a newborn, my mom flew up to hang out with Luke. They had a busy week to say the least. Luke doesn't tire out easily, but with Grandma Bam Bam running the show, he could hardly keep up. From sun up to sun down, those two were either at the park, wading in the creek, taking the long way to the library, playing motorcycles, eating at a restaurant downtown, or reading books. One of their activities was making bird feeders. They found pine cones on one of their many walks, covered them with peanut butter, and rolled them in bird seed. They looked so good Luke even tried to eat one, but then discovered that "this is for the birds."



Thanks, Mom, for a great week.




*Kathryn is referred to as Grandma Bam Bam because Luke had a hard time saying "Grandma" when he was little. He could say "Grandpa", no problem, but every time he tried to say "Grandma" it came out as "Bam Bam". Since then, the name has stuck.

5 comments:

Treidi said...

bam bam rules! thanks for a fun couple of days.

you really were lucky we let you leave:)

Cheri said...

Wow, I'll have to convince your mom to come here next time I have a baby! So glad Luke had a fun time and got lots of attention.

I bet it was hard to let her leave. I hope you're feeling sorta normal!

kate said...

The Ghent family also helped take care of Hamilton that week...how amazing are they?! On the other hand, I've now had to add "craft research" to my list of things to do before I come.

Hope Luke isn't going through too bad of Bam Bam withdrawal...

Valasi Satini said...

ok so wow i didn't know you had a blog. I'll add you to my list. I hardly write in mine but you can check it out! Also so glad your mom was in town! I'm sure that was so nice! Moms are the best!!!

Valasi Satini said...

And sorry I didnt drop by. We were celebrating my moms birthday and mothers day that weekend!! Congrats again on the new baby! Love the name too!!!