Presenting...
Miles Edward Snyder
7 lbs 1 oz
19.5 inches
born 12:10am on 5/9/08
After much waiting, he is finally here! And like the Miles Davis album, he truly is the birth of cool. We can't wait for you all to meet him.
I was scheduled to be induced Friday, but Miles decided he couldn't wait. I had a couple hours of contractions at home, and after hearing too many horror stories about moms in labor being sent home, I decided to wait and be SURE I was having this baby tonight before we rallied to troops to watch Luke, etc. I think I waited a little too long, as when I checked in, my contractions were about 2 minutes apart, I was dialated to "something really big" as the nurse put it, the doctor was immediately called in and positioned himself nonchalantly to catch the baby, and I found out that epidurals work much better after they have at least 15 minutes to let those precious drugs flow through your system (my recovery was great, as the epidural kicked in right about the last 3 minutes of delivering Miles, hence the reason I look so happy drinking root beer on the previous hacker's post). Needless to say, things went well and we have an adorable, healthy little boy.




8 comments:
Miles. I am so happy you are here. And you seem to have all of pregsy malone's coolness. She lives on in you boy. Carry the torch.
part 2.
EAch week on KRCL they pick a featured artist, and then each DJ spotlights that artist at some point in each show.
This weeks artist: Miles Davis.
So at least 3 times a day I get to have a nice jazzy 5 to 10 minute meditation on you little boy's coolness.
I am really exicited to see this little guy's personality.
oh. he is so cute. i seriously can hardly stand it. cool indeed. only a snyder can be that cool. :)
kathryn- you are too cute. black bean dip is always a favorite. you dont have to bring us anything though. we just like that daughter of yours and her cute little kiddos. trav isnt so bad either. :)enjoy to trip!
okay- that last comment was from me- ashley... not john. :)
Great photos! I need to apprentice under you this summer. I love the expression on his face and his little fuzzy hairs...another Fuzzers for me to love!
And so glad you didn't get sent home from the hospital...oh my goodness, can you imagine? Oh wait...
I am so happy for you that everything went well. So fun that we have children that are 3 days apart. Maybe someday they can get married and we can be related for ever. It's too bad that we don't live closer to each other. Maybe someday.
You know how your body feels like it got hit by a bus about 3 days home from the hospital. I hope that, that goes away quickly for you. I am still getting over it. I hope he sleeps well and Luke adjust easily. Grayson is finally doing better. Serious drama was around here for a little while. Just know that when you are up in the middle of the night feeding I am too. I will be thinking of you!
Briauna
Hey Heidi-Hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. But I saw your comment through Kristin's blog and had to comment on yours! Congratulations to your new and beautiful baby boy....how precious is he. And Luke is just so handsome! What a beautiful family you have...of course!!! You look amazing as always!
I love everything about him already. From the moment I held that little mellow yellow I was in love. His deep adorable cry (which is rarely heard), his "stink eye" face, and his intoxicating baby smell are just some of my favorite things about him already.
And PS...you looked like a supermodel after his birth! I kind of didn't believe that you had a baby when I came in minutes after your delivery, you looked too good. How will I ever keep up with you? :)
Anyway, thanks for the new nugget...he's a dream.
Post a Comment