Monday, May 19, 2008

First Real Day

Today was my first real day as a mother of two. All week I had my mom's help, and yesterday, Travis and Kristin were around to help. So, here are a couple things Luke did to help break me in:

1. Today Luke wiped his bum with a toothbrush.

2. Luke managed to wake up Miles 3 or 4 times. I think Miles finds Luke's voice to be "piercing" and flinches whenever he hears it. It doesn't help that Luke calls out "Mama" at random intervals throughout the house, just to make sure I'm still paying attention to him.

3. I discovered Luke sneaking cookie dough from the freezer. Who knows how many he actually ate before I caught him.

4. When I asked him to clean his room, he said he was tired, got in his bed, and said to me, "Once there was a Luke who wouldn't clean up his room. That's my story." And then he took a nap.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow...

17 comments:

Gaylari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaylari said...

Congrats on the new little boy!! Two boys are a LOT of craziness and fun! I'm glad you sent a link to your blog. Now we can keep in better touch!

kate said...

Ha, ha, ha. I LOVE that Luke!

Two more weeks and there'll be THREE little ones around. Get ready...yikes!

Valasi Satini said...

OMG how funny! Don't worry Heidi it only gets easier. When I had Payton, my lifesaver was having big brother Logan around. As time goes on, Luke will become your biggest helper. Even more of a help than Travis. LOL. Sorry Travis!!

Megan said...

Congratulations, Heidi! Miles is beautiful! And what a great name!

Also, you look completely fantastic. If I didn't love you so much I really would have to hate you.

Good luck with the two boys. It sounds like they are keeping you busy! I'm glad to hear that we are not the only parents who have experienced that special sort of gagging shock you get when you catch your child scrubbing his bottom with his toothbrush. I still haven't quite recovered from that one... (though nothing really compares to the time I caught little James eating wet TP out of the toilet!)

I can't wait to meet Miles in person!

Cheri said...

My goodness, I can't believe how sane you are sounding after all that. I remember that the first month after Tyler was born...I cried the entire time. At least you have some funny stuff to laugh about - that toothbrush story is hilarious.

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Rice said...

That boy... I am so proud to call him my nephew. He is such a little whipper snapper.

Kathryn and Bruce said...

Luke and I had a few covert cookie dough missions... Little bit disappointed that he got caught... I thought I taught him better than that. I will not take responsibility for the toothbrush incident.

Nau Willis said...

heidi!
I need an email to invite you girl! congrats on #2 also give me whitneys send it to waynenau@hotmail.com. It as so fun seeing you and kristen at the sealing! You both are so beautiful! Send my love to Kristen!

Trisha Paddock said...

I am dying laughing here...I love your son!!! This is definately a story to share when he gets married! Welcome to the world of having 2 kids!

Trisha Paddock said...

OMG...I just noticed over to the right of your blog...I'm terribly mortified...please, please Heidi rename my name!!!

We all know that your the real "Supermodel" here! You are amazingly stunning and whats the best is that your beauty truly comes from within!!! I still can't believe you just gave birth to a baby. You look amazing and I'm with Megan, "if I didn't love you so much I really would have to hate you!"

heidi said...

Trisha,
I can change your name. I totally understand, you want to keep a low profile, with all the trouble of the paparazzi and crazy fans. It's hard being a supermodel. Just give me a few days to think of something else, gorgeous!

Whitney Rice said...

Trisha,

that is simply pish posh... You do look like a supermodel. Just accept it you are so beautiful, everyone else has

Trisha Paddock said...

LOL...Heidi, you crack me up!!! But thanks for understanding about the low-profile thing....my agent suggested that I had to really put on some serious weight inorder for me to escape from all this publicity...so I did--but, turns out that it hasn't been working because now the people over at Lane Bryant has been calling nonstop!!! But, since their clothing size goes up to 32...I had to refuse them because they were way too small for me to model in!

And Whitney....Wow, congratulations on your engagement, how exciting!

BTW-I just love the Ghent girls....you are so good for my self-esteem!!!

Ashley C. said...

we need a luke fix too. and i cant wait to hold that little baby. i am sad that we have been out of town. we needed to have come down there already. i loved this post. you are so cute. :) keep us posted on all of luke's doings. and i will call you and see when we can come bombard you!

Cheri said...

Dang...I need to do something drastic so I can be called a supermodel too! First off, I guess I need to ditch spencer's name in my blog title... And then look amazing after childbirth.