We drove through Cedar Breaks. It was amazing! We had a great time caravaning with my family. As proof, notice the matching shorts.
John Mayer Concert - Basically everyone but me went to the John Mayer concert. It sounded like so much fun, so I created my own version by watching a youtube concert, hearing Jordan play on his electric guitar (he's getting really good!) and listening to the John Mayer Los Angeles live CD from Kate. (Check out the John Mayer song on my playlist - sweet intro).
Beach - Yes, Luke still eats sand. We had a great time playing at the beach with everyone during the day, and running/walking on the beach with the boys at night.
Belly Dancers - For Everett's birthday, a bunch of us ate at a Persian restaurant. Both Everett and Travis had to get up and dance with the bellydancers. A favorite quote from that night was, "Don't look at it as stripping, it's more of a cultural thing." And I also found out that Everett and Aarika almost had bellydancers at their wedding. The cultural hall walls have never seen that much fun!
Earthquake - We were due for one. It was only a 5.2, but it was pretty long. I actually like earthquakes. Maybe it's because I associate them with getting out of class when I was elementary school.
Good food - I ate so much yummy food! Chicken Dijon, Rascals, cupcakes, my favorite cookies - cranberry white chocolate, and Travis and I rode our strand cruisers down to the cheesecake factory (side note: I discovered grossest cheesecake - raspberry lemon - tastes like something you would get at Carls Jr.).
Game night - Kate and Alex invited us to go to the Justice Ball, but babysitters were scarce that night and we ended up staying in and playing the New Yorker game. It was so fun! And Kate, being the cool intellectual that she is, introduced us to the New Yorker caption contest. From now on, I'm entering every week.
Le Tour de France - Hearing Paul Sherwin and Phil Liggett while watching the tour is always such a highlight for me. There is something magical about July, bicycles, and Paul and Phil. Travis said that if he had to have gay parents, it would be Paul and Phil for sure.
Fire - I got a call late Friday night saying the canyon by our house was on fire. It got pretty close, but luckily Delys was running around our house gathering up pictures and other important documents, so I had some peace of mind.
*Photo courtesy of treidi.blogspot.com
*Photo courtesy of treidi.blogspot.com Sleep - Miles finally started sleeping well. Last night he slept 9 1/2 hours in a row.




10 comments:
Loved your beach day video with music. How fun. The beach is always the perfect day! Love, Shelly Carter
Looks like fabulous fun trip. Glad you are back.
Left you a msg but not sure it was you. Generic msg on your voicemail...wasn't sure. Call me when you get a chance. Thanks-
amanda
We enjoyed your beach video. We can't wait to see you guys in October. Yahoo Miles slept so long! Starting tomorrow I am breaking the pacifier habit with Clara. Wish me luck!
Yeah Miles!! Love that little kid. The cousin pic is proudly displayed in our living room now...it kills me everytime I look at it.
Good luck with the caption contest...now I've got MORE competition! :)
LOVE the beach video...must do something with all of our Hambone videos.
MISS you guys!
Love the video. Miss you guys. So lonely without you guys.
I miss being Luke's "best friend"
horray... are you really back??? well we missed you. so as soon as you want to hang out let us know. we will be there, or wherever in a heartbeat.
(its ok kate- i will not hide our desperateness in wanting to hang out with these guys.... just keep telling them to hang out with us already so we can stop whining.)
Made those cookies the other day...thanks...and...yum!
Oh, and Ashley, I'm coming up to Utah next weekend to encourage that hang out time in person :).
Just letting you know, mom watches this video on average four times a day.
And did you really have to put in the part of me punching Everett? It just looks like I am extremely violent because there is no footage of Everett pouring sandcrabs all over me.
Bri, good luck. And I mean it with all my heart.
Ashley, can't wait to see you. It has been way too long, as it always is. I couldn't get sick of you guys if I tried. That's why we need to be neighbors, although I would probably never get anything done. I'd just come over and talk and eat all your yummy food.
Kate, I'm glad you liked the cookies. Great recipe. And I have been meaning to say I love your baby bird icon. Seriously, my favorite.
Whit, I should have included the part where Everett came over and dumped a big bucket of cold water on you while you were trying to get a wedding tan. Sorry.
Post a Comment