Summer is officially here (in Utah, they got out of school on Thursday) so Travis brought out the slip and slide. While Trav was setting it up, he couldn't control the urge and took a running leap down the slip and slide, clothes and all.
I can tell we will have a fun summer ahead, filled with adventure, snakes (we have already seen 2 on our property - yikes!), popsicles, water, and a probably a little bit of trouble. It makes me want to read Tom Sawyer or watch The Sandlot *. Welcome summer!
*Bonus points if you can tie in a Sandlot or Tom Sawyer quote into your comment. "First you take the mallow..."




17 comments:
Heidi, this blog is so amazing. I love the pictures, just captures the essence of summer. It deserves a "Benny 'The Jet' Rodriguez" thumbs up!
Heidi- you are amazing! I love reading your blog and congrats on Miles. Miss you guys and MB. Let us know when you're coming back out to socal! Rachel
your hubs is just hilarious! How fun is he i bet your little guy just loooves his FUN dad!!!
Thank you for ushering in my favorite season of the year. Long days, baseball, BBQ's, swimming and tons of fun. Another great work Heidi. All I can say is:
"YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!!
Looks like the Great Bambino to me! Congrats! Sorry it's taken so long to get in touch. Ran into your Uncle David at Disneyland on Saturday (left a mark, too)--had to call your Grandmother Beverly (she says 'hey') to remember Miles's name (better talk to David about such lapses). And what can I say about you, Heidi, other than, "Nobody's ever gotten the better of ol' Hercules." What a trooper!
Please refer to Whitney's last comment. It was mine. I'm still trying to figure out how to post a comment under my own title.
Heidi, I love the pictures, they are so happy and capture the joy of summer. Travis has a talent for creating fun and games (especially when water is involved, remember; Blitz, Olympics, or PS slides) which has brought a lot of joy to our family. I love the expressions of the boys laying on the grass, it is such a "Sandlot" moment. And what can I say about the Snyder family, other than, I will love them "Forever....... FOREVER........... F-O-R-E-V-E-R "
Ok you know we've seen Sandlot like a billion times together! What fun summers we used to have at your house!! But for some reason right now I am drawing a blank of Sandlot sayings. :)
V, we have watched Sandlot together a billon times - it helps when you have a crush on Benny.
Here are a few quotes to jog your memory:
Anyone who wants to be a can't-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand.
L, 7, Weenie!
Yeah. Yeah. Oscar Meyer even. Foot long. Doger Dog!
I've been coming here every summer of my adult life, and every summer there she is oiling and lotioning, lotioning and oiling... smiling. I can't take this no more!
Heidi and Valasi- all you need is Tutasi and Shauna watching and singing to "Newsies" to make those summer memories complete.
cute fun pictures Hiedi. I have one question are you feeding those boys:) I remember when my ribs would stick out! I love the movie sand lot too, but dont remember quotes, but i am sure matt could quote the whole movie!
Oh sweet summer, how I love you. yet today, amidst all this rain, you seem so far away.
Just as I was ready for that sexiest of seasons to really begin-ushered in by my long awaited trip to the salem spring triathlon- relentless, day-long rain hit me like thirty yards of board fence. I woke, surveyed the weather, and all gladness left me and a deep melancholy settled down upon my spirit.
unlike a nine foot fence though, I could not, by any clever trickery, make the sky clear up.
so i went to work. (because I read on some other blog that you can learn to love things you hate if you just do them persistently.)
Sometimes you just have to suck it up and paint the proverbial fence yourself.
p.s. love the pete rose slip and slide pic of travis. I haven't seen that intensity on his face since our provo city rec. softball days.
also, the sandlot was filmed in utah and is, I think, the greatest baseball movie of all time.
Okay, am I the only dumb one that hasn't seen the movie, "Sandlot?" I seriously had to look it up....but, I did see "Newsies!"
And Heidi, did you hire a professional photographer to take those photos? Your photos are absolutely amazing! Is there anything you can't do??? You are so talented!!!
haha! Heidi when I was reading the sandlot quotes, I was like "oh yeah" on every one!!! lol. Oh gosh that pool scene was so hilarious! And Yeah and we were so in love with Benny!!! :)
Alright "buffalo butt breath" even though "you eat weenies with your mama's toe jam...and you like it" I am still amazed at your photography skills. And although your husband may be a "fart sniffer" and "bob for apples in the toilet" he most certainly does not "play ball like a girl!" ...silence. (one of my favorite scenes)
I'm coming out there soon to get my slide on. This heat is killing me and I'm too cheap to turn on the A/C. Tell Luke to get is swim trunks on and I'll even camp out in the backyard with him.
Post a Comment