Friday, February 29, 2008
Jackson Pollock Week
This week was Jackson Pollock week (don't worry - we laid off the booze). Luke and I had fun making a "drip painting", and watched a video of him painting. The only problem is that Luke does not like getting his hands dirty. Every time he would get paint on his hands (which was every 2 seconds) he would stop and go wash them. Needless to say, this took us a VERY long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
So how do I get in on these "week" adventures? My 3 year old nephew is more culturally diverse than I am. Seriously though way to be an amazing mom!
If that is the painting you two made, I want to commission one.
You're a great boy mom - I need some training.
Kristin,
You are always invited. Maybe we can have China week next week.
Jack,
Luke said he will do a painting for you. He charges 1 pack of fruit snacks.
Cheri,
I just get bored so the theme weeks are just as much for me as for Luke!
PAss along your list of themes... i need some inspiration hon. :) So fun to chat with you. I am finding you a house! ( he he)
Of course you would do something like this...
I like how Luke is doing better on POE then me. He is way more cultured then me.
I think the Pollack-inspired painting is just brilliant, and I can't wait until Georges Seurat week with all that pointillism. (A bit of advice, however: postpone the Michaelangelo Sistine Chapel week for a while. You have very high ceilings.)
I am also very proud of Luke's preoccupation with hand-washing. It's always good for a fledgling artist to keep his hands clean.
I remember just hating the finger-painting in elementary school. It really gave me the creeps, especially when the paint got under my fingernails. Art is pretty messy.
Post a Comment