So, I guess I'm on my own - well not completely, I have google (Travis calls it my other lover). In my google quest to become a DJ, I found out I need a very cool DJ name. Thankfully, I also found some DJ name generators to help me since I am a 27-year-old Mormon mom of 1.5, who has lost touch of all things "hipster". Some of the names they suggested are:
DJ Spunky Gun
DJ Tastes Like Chicken
DJ ThunderCat
DJ WildOrchid
DJ GhettoBooty (maybe they know I'm pregnant)
Find your DJ name at:
www.quizmeme.com/djname/quiz.php
Next on the list: I found out that I need to develop some "charisma". That is an entirely new google search - where I found out that I can become charismatic in 12 easy steps, from Donald Trump at Trump University; although I can't imagine Donald would be a very good DJ.
So once I have a name and some charisma, I'm ready to start spinning in my basement!
PS - if you like this kind of stuff, check out DJ Rekha. She is one of my new favorite people in music right now, and defies all the stereotypes of female DJs. There is an article about her on npr and in the New York Times.




9 comments:
DJ Tastes Like Chicken? What on earth? That's hilarious! Go with that one for sure.
I'll be watching/listening for you!
This is one of those "Heidi-isms" that I would pay money to see played out...
Your post made me laugh out loud...so darn FULL of charisma! I'm also a little jealous that you have time for a "google lover" and the hipster-ness to find cool new bands...how do you do it?
My DJ names? DJ Broken Gangsta (Kate) and DJ Spunky Jail Bait (Katie). Wow...it's like that website KNOWS me, those names are such a perfect fit. My favorite, though, was due to a typo (Katit): DJ Crafty Stallion.
Let me know when you'll be spinning, so DJ Ultrasonic Outlaw and I can get a baby-sitter for DJ Hip-Hop Bum.
Let me amend my comment a bit from "have the time" to "find/make the time." My current goal is to be better with my time: renew my New Yorker subscription and listen to music more, for instance.
DJ Crafty Stallion-
That sounds like a great goal. And most of my "cool new bands" come from either NPR, the local independent radio station, or the Connors. So, technically I'm not a true "hipster". Give little Hip-Hop Bum a kiss for me.
The funny thing is, is that I could totally see you as that type of DJ. Work it girl!
whEN i saw the DJ name generator thing I thought that that was pretty tight, yeah i'm DJ Ultrasonic Kitty. Not so good. But I too have dreamt of the glamorous world of the DJ. We could spin together!
I don't believe in DJs, Heidi, but I do believe in you.
I have an incredible new found respect for you, Heidi. A friend once taught me how to beat match on his turntables and I swear I've never felt cooler. I can't wait to rock out at your rave.
Post a Comment