So, Miles is actually chilling out right now, so time to blog. I have so many good suggestions for blogging - I think I will take up everyone's suggestions, so no excuse for lack of blogging, right?
I decided to write about...
the crazy things Luke says. Winner, winner, chicken dinner for Whitney and Karen. It will also double up as a journal entry for Luke since I have been slacking. (And runner up is Kate, so many good ideas. Favorite things will be next, followed by an ode to my witty sister-in-law). Look for a fun mail day.
1. The other morning, he announced to me "I have a polka-dotted brain."
2. He was driving with Travis and said, "You know what, Dad? You are pretty lucky to have such a funny kid. And I am pretty lucky to have such a funny Dad. We're silly guys."
3. Luke has learned that whenever he has a problem, he can pray to Heavenly Father for help. He got a balloon, and let go of it in our living room. Since our ceilings are high, no one could get it down. He was so distraught, he went and sat on his bed, and between sobs was saying, "Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father, please help me. Please get my balloon down." He tried that for 5 minutes, then a pause. Then he started up again, "Ironman, Ironman, please help me. Please get my balloon down. Ironman can fly." Pretty good reasoning.
4. Luke gets married every Sunday to a shy little girl named Allie with cute purple glasses. When Allie got her glasses, her mom said she was afraid Luke wouldn't like them. But he does. He told her she looked beautiful. He calls her "My Allie."
5. Luke likes to perform stand up at the Post Office. Yesterday, there was a line of 15 people, one postal worker, and everyone was dead silent and cranky. He got up on a little bench and proceeded to show everyone all the various office supplies - "Here is some paper. This is tape. I like bubble wrap," etc. And then he said "And I have a MOM!" Somehow everyone was laughing, and he nodded his head like he found the best treasure in all the post office.
6. Luke likes to talk in his Yoda voice. "Mom, Master Yoda wants something to eat." "Use the forest" (aka the Force), and "Do or do not, there is no try."
7. Every time we go to Grandpa Phillip's house, he brings me the bouquet of fake red tulips and says, "You're beautiful."
PS - Matt, I can't remember all the excuses Luke gave for not being able to pick up his room. I think I just block it out. I'll have to be more observant next time.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I love #2 & #4! How cute and sweet!!!
I am glad that this entry is the winner, I love it! I can picture Luke in the Post Office entertaining even the crankiest person there. Was he wearing his superhero cape? Reading Lukeisms is the perfect way to start my day. Thank you.
I am glad that this entry is the winner, I love it! I can picture Luke in the Post Office entertaining even the crankiest person there. Was he wearing his superhero cape? Reading Lukeisms is the perfect way to start my day. Thank you.
Haha. He is the funniest boy, and such the ladies man.
I loved all of these quotes. He is a man/child. My favorite recent Luke moment is him singing the Star Wars theme songs, then listening to it in bed. Love that boy
What a cutie.
Such a fun age I have to say.
I love that Luke! Perfect blog post choice...thank you to everyone that suggested it. "Luke-isms" should probably be a regular feature.
I can't even say which story is my favorite. I will say if he were a post office regular I'd probably be less resistant to going.
That kid's goin' places....no doubt about it. Great post Heidi. Keep writing those things down - you'll be so glad you did. And I saw your comment about the music convention I went to - Jordan and I had a good talk all about it. Larry and I will have to get him a ticket next year. I hope you guys are doing well. Tell Senor Travis I said howdy.
Later,
Jake.
Hey Heidi!
The Blog is still cute as ever...I remember a while ago you posted pics of your baby nursery and wondered if you have a pattern for those birds or if you are just ultra talented. I want to make Valentine birds.
I clicked on your Ann Curry post but it's not here anymore... I was going to agree completely. I think she's got issues as well but it is no one's job to question a mother's love or what she will do (or won't do) for her children.
Post a Comment