I would love a vacation before I turn into the crocodile bag. Here are my top 3 places I'm dreaming about right now...1. Disneyland - always a favorite. I really want to take Luke to the Peter Pan Pool at the Disneyland Hotel. If I don't answer the phone tomorrow, you'll know I made a break for it and we're driving to LA.

2. Thailand - a recent obsession. We went out to dinner for Thai food with some friends, and they told us all about their trip to Thailand. Masman curry, pad thai, secluded beaches, and 3 cent fairy rides...Sounds amazing.

3. A cruise - I don't care where it goes. All I want to do is read, eat shrimp cocktail, and order room service. Travis and I were going to go on a cruise for our 5 year anniversary, but instead chose to do a 1/2 Ironman. I think I'd choose the cruise this time around.

*Have any other suggestions? I'm open. I know you bloggers out there are very well traveled, so throw out any of your favorite vacations. Travis and I are actually trying to take a REAL vacation this year.




9 comments:
i know some peeps with a condo in mexico.. if you are up for that. :)
and seriously- i say choose the cruise next time.
and dont forget you can always take a trip to farmington. super fun i hear.
Definitely a cruise! There are some fantastic deals out there right now, even if you're planning a year in advance. 2 for 1 plus airfare and more! Practically every cruiseline, too. Europe is good and the dollar is in a lot better shape than it was last summer. Tahiti would be nice, too. Thailand, Alaska...so much to choose from! We loved our trip to the Galapagos Islands 2 years ago. You might like that one if you're into nature hikes - blue-footed boobies and albatrosses!
Wait, wait, wait. You're saying your CA Casita trips aren't a "real" vacation? I didn't realize you understood "vacation" to be anything NOT involving remodeling/construction. Hmmm...I'm looking at you guys in a whole new way...
I'd vote for a trip where most everything is taken care of for you...resort/cruise. I've only heard good things from families who've gone that route.
Also..that pool looks freaking awesome!! I think it could even get me in a swimsuit in public! I think Disneyland resorts are having decent deals b/c of the economy...good thing...those rooms can be pricey!
Fun! I have also heard wonderful things about Thailand. I know it's soooo expensive to get there but once you're there it's dirt cheap. If I had a few thousand lying around, I'd be heading to the airport.
Indiana is beatiful this time of the year.
I am with Kate, CA Casita trips aren't considered vacations? Is that because I would much rather play with Luke and Miles while you make delicious meals? I suppose that there isn't much pampering in it for you.
Thailand. You can vacation on private islands there. You can always do a cruise later in life, Thailand would be perfect for you guys now. DO IT!
Wow...Thailand sounds so exotic! I agree with Whitney...you can always go on a cruise later on and I hear going with a group of friends is tons of fun.
My suggestion would be going to South Africa. If you fly during October 2009, you can get 2 airline tickets for the price of 1 through South African Airlines. And I believe that the exchange rate is 10 to 1...which is pretty awesome. Ryan has tons of family that you can stay with if you fly to Johannesburg and there are so many game reserves and safari's that you and Travis can go on. Plus you wouldn't need a translator or those books to help you with the language their because everyone speaks English!
Have fun deciding!
Lehi or Thailand??? I think you know the answer to that....come to Lehi and visit your long lost friend....ME! ok seriously, never been on a cruise, but I hear its awesome!!!
Post a Comment