Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dear Ann Curry,

Dear Ann Curry,

I was amazed to discover that, in addition to being a broadcast journalist, you are also a baby whisperer. When I was watching Dateline NBC last night, and you stood up to speak for Nadya Suleman's children "who could not speak for themselves," I thought, "Wow." With a gift like that, you should expand into some sort of reality advice show where you communicate with other newborns. I am curious, what Nadya's babies said to you? "My mother is irresponsible and should not have produced me. The nerve of that woman! Who does she think she is?"

My 9 month old has recently begun been waking up & crying during the night. Could you speak for him and tell me what is wrong? Is he hungry, lonely, or just plain irritated at me? Your talent would really help me get some more sleep.

Sincerely, Heidi

PS- I am not necessarily endorsing having 14 kids as a single mom. Obviously Nadya Suleman has issues. That is an entirely different post, which I will never write, and frankly, no one cares what I think. But I do find it interesting that so many people who are pro-choice are also irate at her choice to have so many kids. So, does the "My body, my choice" only apply when disposing of a fetus?

PPS- I actually really do like Ann Curry, so if you still want to come over and chat, you are more than welcome to.

2 comments:

kate said...

Ha! Yeah, obviously there's something a little off with the woman, but the "uproar" is killing me. I made a similar observation about the "pro-choice" double standard the other day. Unfortunately, my comment did not stem from Dateline...I watched some of The View. That was my punishment for forgetting my iPod. Probably too severe. I'm still having Joy Beyhar (or whatever her name is) nightmares.

Sidenote: one of the ladies on that ridiculous show had a lot of abortions when she was younger and said she felt haunted by it until a "spiritual guru" explained that those children would be waiting with open arms for her in heaven. Ummm...seriously? Oh boy.

Treidi said...

I see your blog readers are scared of this "hot" post. I do think it is interesting that this woman and her situation is creating such a stir.

Happy Friday the 13th and Valentines Eve... it's almost over:)