Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's the end of the world...and I feel fine!


Last night, scientists activated the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), to "unlock the secrets of the Universe" (or as many others feared, end the world!). The whole project is pretty cool. I hope they find another dimension, or create a mini black hole. If you want to learn more about it, watch this:

Large Hadron Rap

or, if you don't find science geeks rapping hilarious, you can be boring and read this article or this article.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I think you and Bobby will get along just fine. He's been trying to have conversations about this thing with me all week. I keep telling him that its not my kind of science, but truthfully I just don't want to egg him on. Pretty cool stuff.

jackie boy said...

Why am I not surprised that you find this so interesting? typical Heidi, smarter than us all I tell you.

Treidi said...

Rachelle, just tell Bobby if they put a hamster in the 17 mile underground tunnels, THEN it would be your kind of science. Hmmm. Not a bad idea.

Jack, I thought listening to rap made you dumber. If that's true, then the scientists rapping just cancelled each other out and I am just mediocre.

Treidi said...

heidi was commenting as me above in case anyone is confused.

on with my comment:



"dude I married a hot science nerd... YES!"

john said...

every time I see a story about this thing my mind calls it the Large Holden Caulfield, and I picture it wearing a red hunters cap and watching a merry-go-round.

kate said...

I finally watched the rap...quite entertaining if a bit over my head, so I began thinking how this could be as close as we get to a James Bond-villain device...it would probably need to be coated in diamonds though and "Alpinekat" would need to be wearing less.