Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Kitchen


One of my favorite things each year is to have a "Christmas Kitchen". It's basically where I turn on the Christmas music, and make mass amounts of my favorite Christmas treats. Sometimes I go overboard and it overtakes the kitchen so there are chocolates, pretzels, caramels, or cookies everywhere. Like canning, it can be slightly annoying to Travis, but for the sake of tradition, I do it anyway. This year I made caramel apples - only slightly better than the funny reindeer heads made of coco crispies - ask Travis. They were delicious, and I'm not counting how many I had to eat to make sure they were OK.

4 comments:

racetri.com said...

Have you ever wondered why almost everyone of Heidi's project descriptions has some form of reference to Travis being bugged by this or that?

IT'S BECAUSE THIS WOMAN IS ALWAYS BUSY MAKING PROJECTS!!!! AHHHHH.

(I wouldn't change me heidi a bit:)

racetri.com said...

oops I meant "my heidi"

kate said...

I think "me Heidi" sounded better...like a pirate!

I think I want to try making those pretzels for people next week...stay tuned for my phone call asking for advice...

phillip said...

Confession: I helped eat those caramel apples last night. They were delicious. It's nice to see that one doesn't have to be an ex-con from Connecticut to create tasty works of culinary art.

Travis: Few men have been as thoroughly prepared as you have been to be the husband of a woman who is what I call a "projector," someone who always has two or three projects going on, with at least one having been just started on the spur of the moment. In fact, you were raised up by your mother for this wise purpose, and, I might add, you often display "projector" characteristics yourself, Mr. Entrepreneur.