Monday, July 12, 2010

Random Things...

Random Things...
So, apparently the guy that used to live here before we did raised messenger pigeons. When we came back from California, there were just 2, and now we have a collection of 5 filthy birds that sit on our roof, right next to our bedroom window. Our backyard is starting to feel like a weird version of a Harry Potter Owlry. Can I send anyone a message?

In the car after a long day at Disneyland, I had a headache. Luke was firing off questions, like usual. H: "Luke, no more questions right now, OK? I have a headache." slight pause. L: "Why do you have a headache?" H: "I don't really want to talk about it right now. No more questions, OK?" L: "But mom, I just want to know EVERYTHING. That way people will say to me, 'hey, you're brilliant' " (as he shoots his cool guy pointer finger at me).

Miles love to pretend to die in combat. Luke will get him with a sword and then begins a dramatic 2 minute presentation, complete with stumbling, a few pained groans, eyes closed, and finally ending up with him spread out on the floor with a slight smirk on his face, just waiting for someone to come revive him.

A couple nights before my parents left on their mission to Peru, we were speaking a little Spanglish and Luke said, "Companeros. That means: 'what's new at Costco.' "

Once again, Luke did not disappoint while playing in the fountains at the Gateway. Just an older version of the crazy 2-year-old in Kansas City. Miles, on the other hand, should be a minesweeper. That kid walked back and forth through the fountains so many times and never got wet. Not even a drop!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

kate said...

I laughed out loud through the entirety of this post. Thank you for those awesome nephews!

john said...

The photo of Luke soaking wet and Miles bone dry is really amazing. The thought of Miles walking through the gateway fountain without getting wet, like some Old Testament prophet, is amazing. I picture him with a big white beard pasted on his little face, a tiny Charlton Heston, stepping out into the water like Joshua and Moses before him, totally calm amidst the chaos.

I haven't seen those little tykes for a while.

gotta change that.

Unknown said...

Pure entertainment. Miss you guys. Good job on writing this down. You;ll be so glad you did. Love it!

Briauna said...

Ok you really inspire me. Seriously you run 30 miles when you turn 30 and I will be still sick on the couch pregnant and puking. If I could only be as cool as you.

Hey I really mean it the next time you drive to California or back form you need to stop by our house. Seriously we need to get together. We miss you guys. Cam has a lot of time off in Sept. I am contemplating making a visit to Utah then. Will you be around?

Ashley C. said...

I like you and all your random thoughts. So fun to read. Your kids are adorable, seriously.