Friday, February 19, 2010

NRPL Trip Video

Had way too much fun. Already trying to figure out how to get back...

New York City was a blur. Even though we took a red-eye flight out of LA, just the fact that we didn't have to tote around diaper bags and strollers gave us a burst of energy better than a 44oz Mtn Dew - needless to say, we saw most of the major sights and had a great time. I loved riding the subway. Definitely not as scary, dirty or scummy as I pictured.

Our favorite city was Rome. We both threw coins in the Trevi fountain to insure we'd come back. The Vatican was crazy! So big, so beautiful (and also slightly creepy). On the last day there, we went on a run with our tourist map just so we could see everything one last time. The highlight of the run was stretching out at St. Peter's square as the sun came up, with absolutely no one there. We even saw the Pope's light on in his study. Very cool.

The French food was amazing - pastries, fondue boeuf bourguignon, chocolate mousse, and gyros! The Louvre is ridiculously giant. Seriously. That is one crazy palace. I knew it was big, but after 5 hours in that place, I thought I was going to loose my mind. The Orsay and Rodin museums were much more enjoyable. Call me uncultured, but I have about a 2 hour museum limit before the ADHD sets in.

London was fantastic. Any city where you can find a Cadburry vending machine in the tube stations is my kind of place. And when Her Majesty's royal marching band started playing the Magnum PI theme song at the changing of the guard, I knew it couldn't get much better than this. Loved, loved, loved the Lion King, and the Beefeater tour at the Tower of London was worth every pound (ahem... not the ones I put on from eating all those pastries, chocolates, desserts, etc).



8 comments:

jackie boy said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a great time! I cannot wait until I see you and I hear all about it.

john said...

looks so great. Give a little notice next time and we'll come with you.
Next trip- SLC. Frightened Rabbit at Urban Lounge again, May 13. You can stay at our house.
think about it.

Whitney Rice said...

Great video and looks like such a great trip. Might I add you two look so stylish, you blend right in with those Euros.

kate said...

loved that you guys got to go...i now have rome high on my list of places to visit.

and, of course, great video...what's the song?

and speaking of music...i'm DYING for a new mix from you guys.

Ashley C. said...

that was amazing.

we want "how to be hip" lessons from the ultra cool snyders. you two are just so cute!

love the video.

love that you guys are coming home.. or so you say! :)

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic! Love the video montage!

Unknown said...

p.s. Just got my Lion King tix in the mail. Seeing it in SLC in August. So excited. Glad you liked it!

Let's get a sitter & get together and do dinner when you are back in the valley. Would love to hear all about your trip!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

The Pope probably fell asleep with the TV left on. Jersey Shore rerun marathon.