Our 3rd generation UNC fan. He can already box me out and post me up. I mean, look at those muscles. See you in a few years, Roy!I'm not Tar Heel born or bred, but I have become an adopted member of the Carolina Tar Heels Fan Club. I married into a team of UNC fans, and I must say that I love it. Their enthusiasm for Tar Heel basketball is contagious, even to the point of my parents making the 8 hour drive from their vacation in South Carolina to the UNC campus store to get authentic Tar Heel gear for us. I even found myself at the Dr.'s office boxing out soon-to-be-dads for the latest Sports Illustrated, featuring a full length article on Tyler Hansbrough. Don't mess with a pregnant lady who played post for 6 years. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get Travis or me to UNC to get a PhD just so we can cheer on the Tar Heels from the Dean Dome. Maybe then I could tell such legendary stories as Phil when he literally bumped in to Michael Jordan, or dress my kids in Carolina Blue "numbered shirts." I'm sure all the excitement would get me through the statistics classes and dreaded dissertation.
So, needless to say, I was pretty bummed about the game on Saturday. I thought all the cards were aligned: Hamilton in his good luck onesie, Luke in his UNC basketball outfit, Travis willingly going to Priesthood during the game (it helped that he got updates on his phone, I'm just glad he didn't pull a Homer Simpson), and an allstar lineup is always good. But there's always next year, which now seems more likely to include my favorite, Psycho-T. For you other Carolina fans who are also a little sad about the NCAA tournament this year, I have posted some "Carolina songs" to get you through this hard time.
PS - Travis showed me this link to the "Danny Dance" and it's worth the watch. Who needs starters when you have a 6th man that can move like that?




13 comments:
"I'm not toodles, I'm Carolina!"
I am already excited for next March.
you and Luke have become a beautiful addition to the Carolina faithful.
I am still unable to speak of the recent outing by the heels. There are no words for it.
40-12?
are you kidding me?
Sunday evening I had to have a heart-to-heart with Hamilton, explaining that loving Carolina brings lots of joy, but they can sure break your heart...a tough lesson for a little man...and his mommy, for that matter.
Like Travis, wounds are still a bit fresh...I ran into my bracket sheet the other day...I refuse to complete it.
The Danny Dance perked me up though...I forget about the wonders of YouTube. I liked our 6th man all season for his points, but when I saw him dancing before a game, I became a big fan. Did he get to dance before the Kansas game? Maybe that could explain it...
Long comment, I know, but one last bit: I LOVE adding members to the Heels fan club. Let's start saving money for a trip out to watch a game!
The real last bit: When someone noted that Hamilton's hands were pretty big with long fingers, I immediately thought...sweet, he can palm a basketball! Apparantly, I was supposed to think "piano." But I haven't been cheering on pianists for almost three decades, have I? Maybe my short Hamilton can play Ty Lawson to your "Psycho-L"?
psycho "L" would love some inside dishes from a speedy hambone point guard!
Kate,
I'm glad you liked the Danny Dance. I looked up ticket prices for the elite 8 and final 4 games and we will have to save our pennies ($1200/ticket... yikes!).
And I agree with Trav, Psycho-L would love to team up with the Hambone. I'm sure his amazing roll over technique will transfer excellently into a pick and roll.
Great, great blog Heidi! I got here through Kate's blog. It's like a big online playdate. Love it! If only we could get you to move back here and have lots of actual playdates!
I hope we can still be friends even though we're Duke fans around here. My youngest brother spent most of his freshman year at Duke camping out in line for basketball tickets. And he has the transcript to prove it! ;) Still, I must admit the danny dance is pretty good.
At least we can agree about NPR (do you listen to CarTalk?) and strawberry shortcake!
Hope you are feeling well. You look great! Any favorite names these days?
HA! I knew it! I just got used in order for someone to access your blog.
Well, I sound a bit hypocritical as I use my blog to get to yours...
Megan,
We can definitely still be friends. Have you seen the Holiday Inn commercial?
And I have listened to Car Talk (although I'm not a regular). It's pretty cool.
We don't have a definite name picked out yet, although we are toying around with Clark. So if you have any suggestions, send them my way.
can we come over and eat some of that yummy sounding shortcake in the next 20 days before little boy is here? pretty please? i will bring something to add to the goodness i promise!
hey, cute blog yourself! we are leaving for the summer but hopefully we will see you at the next hoodoo500. good luck with the new baby!
i am in love with luke...i have the cutest pictures of luke and sophie from the baptism...perfect for the wedding video.
Girl you are getting so close to being due. How are you feeling? I am being induced on the 7th. I can't wait.
Bri
baby?
Post a Comment